Nowadays, if you have a company, you need a website. But what if you are launching a new company or product? Well, you can create a website for that too, even if you haven’t launched it yet. That way, when people search for it online, they will reach your website. That is why you will need a “coming soon” page. In this article, we are going to discuss how to create a “coming soon” page in WordPress by using an Under Construction Page.
Why is the “coming soon” page important?
When you announce that you will be launching a new product or starting a new company, you’ll need a website for that. People who are interested in your product will probably want to know more about it, and the easiest way to find more information is via a website. However, you shouldn’t disclose any detailed information before the launch. That’s why you should simply create a “coming soon” page. That way, when a potential customer goes searching for your product, they will reach the “coming soon” page, where they can learn more about the launch date.
With an Under Construction Page, you can create a “coming soon” page in a matter of minutes. Before this WordPress plugin, you needed to create a template and theme, and do lots of coding to make a page like that.
Under Construction Page features
- To begin with, they are offering 100+ templates that allow you to build a unique “coming soon” page.
- They have a drag and drop design, so you don’t have to rely on a programmer to change any details; we have all been there – making even the smallest of changes used to take days.
- They offer 400,000+ royalty free images. One of the biggest headaches was finding the right pictures and even when you manage to find it, it’s not free. Now, you can simply browse the images offered, and find something appropriate.
- It’s nice to have a “coming soon” page, but an Under Construction Page allows you to share your Facebook page or Twitter ID, so that your customers can follow you and stay updated.
- On your “coming soon” page you can set up a countdown timer that will automatically launch your new website when the time runs out.
- You can also generate leads by asking your visitors to subscribe. That way, you’ll be making sales even before the product launch.
- With Google Analytics, you can keep track of the number of visits to your “coming soon” page.
- You can also create SEO-friendly content to make your website more search-friendly and, that way, get better visibility in the search results.
- Over million downloads and 150,000+ active users show that this plugin is one of the most useful and reliable ones.
With so many features, the Under Construction plugin by Web Factory Ltd is topping the list. Now that we understand how useful it is, let’s set up your “coming soon” page.
How to create a “coming soon” page with an Under Construction plugin?
First of all, you need to install the plugin. You will find it in WordPress repository when you look for Under Construction. You can download it, unzip and later upload it to your WordPress site or search for it from your WordPress admin panel.
Setting up the page
When you finally install the plugin, the main setting panel should look like this.
You can change the settings from the control panel and switch them from the “coming soon” mode to “start and end date”. You can even use your Google Analytics ID to track the “coming soon” page.
Setting up the template and theme
Next, move on to the “design” segment and start creating your design. You can choose from all types of designs. There are 100+ template options and themes to choose from. All the designs are pre-built, which means you just need to choose a couple of pictures and write down some text, and you are ready to go.
Editing the “coming soon” page
As you can see, you just need to drag and drop the elements you want to have on your “coming soon” page, and it will start creating automatically. You will have tons of option, from social networks, editing designs, fonts and content all the way to the timer.
You can change the heading, text, add videos or images. You will have all the options, you just need to drag them to the template and put them in the right place which will save you lots of time and effort.
You can check how your design looks on desktop, tablet and even mobile. Your “coming soon” page needs to be responsive and mobile-friendly, because nowadays, the majority of people are using the Internet on their mobile devices.
Including social media in your “coming soon” page
If you have a lot of social media platforms to connect with, you can simply paste the URLs to their designated bars, and that way create social media icons. This will allow your visitors to check out your social media platforms with a simple click of a mouse.
Finishing up the “coming soon” page
Once you’re done with all the work, all you need to do is switch the mode on, and your “coming soon” page will come to life. From now on, your page will look like this. WordPress updates its database twice a month, so no bugs and no crashing. They also add new themes and templates, so you’ll have a lot of options to choose from.
Under Construction Plugin price
As you can see, you will have three options to choose from. You can opt for basic if you only need to put it on one page and you are just a beginner. Pro and agency have more options and better support, so you can upgrade later on.
If you don’t want to spend any money, but want to try it out for free, you can always download it from their site. The free version doesn’t have a lot of options but you can get the gist of it. Here, you can download the under construction plugin for free.
I hope you find this plugin helpful and create your next “coming soon” page. Have you ever used this plugin? How was your experience? Please let us know in the comments.
Author: Priyal Parikh